Our experienced Norcross motorcycle accident attorneys work hard to protect you after a crash.
Statistics show that the occurrence of motorcycle accidents may be declining some, but they still regularly result in catastrophic and sometimes deadly injuries. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you need the assistance of an experienced Norcross motorcycle accident attorney.
At Zimmerman & Associates, we have over four decades of experience helping Gwinnett County residents. Our team of attorneys has the skills and knowledge to help provide you with the legal advice you need in order to help you receive the compensation you deserve. The at-fault party has a legal obligation to make things right and pay for the injuries and damages he or she caused.
Common Injuries in a Norcross Motorcycle Accident
It is not uncommon to see motorcycle accident victims sustain severe or permanent injuries. Even some of the most experienced motorcycle riders can be injured due to another motorist’s negligence. Some of the more common injuries we see with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and Neck Injuries: Head injuries are often severe and can be catastrophic in some cases. They can range from a mild concussion to severe brain damage. Wearing a helmet can significantly reduce your risk of head injuries. Neck injuries can result in paralysis or death, as well.
- Biker’s Arm: Biker’s arm is a term for a condition that can occur after a motorcycle accident. Motorcycle riders don’t have a layer of protection like someone in a car does. If they are thrown from the motorcycle, it is instinctual to draw your arms in front of yourself to cushion the impact. This can cause serious nerve damage in the arm and upper body, as well. Protective gear like a heavy jacket and elbow pads can help lessen the potential for damage.
- Leg Injuries: It is not uncommon for the motorcycle rider’s leg to be struck in the collision, or it can become injured if the rider is thrown off the motorcycle. Your leg could be shattered, or your foot crushed in the impact. Even minor accidents can result in road rash and bruising if you skid on the road without protective gear on.
Compensation Available in a Georgia Motorcycle Accident
The compensation available to victims in a Georgia motorcycle accident is similar to other personal injury claims. They fall into several main categories:
- Medical expenses, including future treatment
- Lost income, including future loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or loss of consortium claim
- Property damage
- In some rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded
Reasons to Hire a Norcross Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Pursuing a motorcycle accident claim in Georgia can be complex, especially as a lot of people still have a bias against motorcycle riders. The other party’s insurance company will look to deny liability or offer less than your claim is worth. Their job is to reduce their exposure, which means they are definitely not looking out for your best interests. You deserve a Norcross motorcycle accident attorney who will protect your rights.
If you need assistance getting fair compensation for your recent motorcycle accident, contact Zimmerman & Associates today to schedule a free consultation.